Friday, July 8, 2011

For my mommy About my grandfather (6/16/11)

As you guys drifted
apart from each other, she
beat herself up for

not being enough
of a good daughter for you.
It killed her inside.

After all these years
and she's still a daddy's girl.
But now its too late.

So now I ask you,
what were you thinking about
as your last breath slipped

from your pale lips?
Did you see her in the back
of your mind? Did you

weep as you realized
you won't see her anymore?
How about when you

knew she couldn't call?
Even in death, were you cold
and heartless? She cried

for you. Several years
of pain now bubbling up.
I wish you could see

the kind of woman
you raised. But you won't ever
see it and that's your

loss. So many have
suffered from the issues you
caused in her lifetime:

mistrust, caution, and
insecurity. How can
a parent push their

child away as
you did so easily? One
thing I will always

do is show her that
you made a lethal mistake.
I'm sorry you had

to leave, but one day
she will know it was you know
made this happen. It

hurts her right now to
have to bear this burden, but
she'll be strong again.

No comments:

Post a Comment